Terms & Conditions for Escape Plan LIVE games.
The Event: Escape Plan LIVE and all games associated with this attraction.
The Customer: Any person who has purchased, won, or been given a ticket to attend the Event.
These terms and conditions govern the basis on which Customer(s) will be admitted to the Event. Any person who does not comply with these terms and conditions in full may be asked to leave the event and no refund will be given.
1. Booking: Bookings may only be made by persons over the age of 18. Where an individual is booking tickets on behalf of themselves and other members of a group, that person, the party leader, must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons involved in the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made.
1a. Whilst the Event has been designed to be suitable for children (age restrictions apply on selected games, so always check before booking), please be aware that there may be periods of darkness, and more sensitive Customers, including children may find some scenes, moments, and stories frightening. Parental guidance is advised, and the adult booking the Event should consider this carefully when booking as Escape Plan LIVE is not responsible for making such judgements regarding the personal disposition of individuals attending the Event. Refunds cannot be given should any Customer(s), including children decide not to commence or complete the Event. Any Customers who wish to will be able to leave via the closest available exit that will not disturb the experience for other Customers, and no refunds will be given.
1b. When booking, please take care as mistakes with bookings cannot be undone or rectified once completed. In all cases, the party leader is responsible for making all payments due to Escape Plan LIVE. During the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be taken as acceptance. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address which you enter at the time of making your booking. However, if you have filtering enabled on your email account, this email might not reach your inbox so please check your junk mail. Your confirmation email will serve as proof of payment and will gain you entrance to the Event. You will need to present this confirmation email either as a print out, or on your phone at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. Without your confirmation email you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation email carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation email appears to be incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible to make changes later and no refunds will be given.
1c. Subject to availability, bookings may be possible at the Event, but Escape Plan LIVE does not guarantee that this will be possible or that there will be any availability. Tickets purchased at the Event will still need to be booked online by the Customer and so the Customer will still be subject to the terms and conditions of booking. Such bookings will still need to be put through the online booking system, so please arrive with plenty of time to go through this process.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking. We strongly advise booking for the amount of people you intend to play the game as this saves time, and is cheaper than adding players at a later date. If you do need to add to your team, this is possible (up to the maximum of the game you have booked), however this would be at the original 'per player price' for the new team member.
3. Cancellation by you: Tickets are non-refundable; if you cancel you will not be entitled to a refund. Customers who purchase a ticket and do not attend the event (at their designated time), or leave the Event before the end of their designated time are not entitled to any refund and no compensation will be given. It may be possible to swap game dates, so long as the date is being brought forward rather than postponed.
4. Changes and cancellations by us: It is unlikely, but we may have to make changes and/or correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed. This can mean cancellation of confirmed bookings, and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will inform you as soon as possible. If the event is cancelled by us for reasons within our control, you will be entitled to a full refund of your ticket price. Escape Plan LIVE regrets that we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
5. Changes and cancellations beyond our control: Should we need to change or cancel your booking for reasons beyond our control, we will either reschedule your booking, or issue vouchers to the equivalent value of your booking. Such reasons can include (but are not limited to) extreme weather conditions, serious traffic accidents, government restrictions and/or guidance, public health related reasons, and power cuts.
6. Age restrictions: There is no lower or upper age limit for many of our games (please check website for exceptions) so long as at least one Customer is aged 18+. There is no upper age limit, but customers are advised that games may involve stairs. Escape Plan LIVE cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects of the experience, subsequent rejections, or for those being turned away. If any Customer(s) could be judged to look too young for the event, they should bring identification (which includes a photo) showing their age.
7. All Customers attending the Event should be in good general health. Due to possible flashing lights the Event is not suitable for epileptics. The Event is also not recommended for pregnant women, or persons with heart conditions or of a nervous disposition. Comfortable shoes should be worn, and Customers should be aware that games may feature uneven ground and abrasive surfaces.
8. Customers should be aware that due to the nature of the Event, volunteers and/or staff may make physical contact with Customers. Please wear resilient and robust clothes. There may be periods of darkness along with potentially frightening scenes and sounds during some games. Escape Plan LIVE cannot be held responsible for clothes, footwear, jewellery, or other apparel including mobile phones or similar devices that may be lost or damaged.
9. Customers should arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the event start time that they have booked. If Customers are late, they may be unable to attend the Event regardless of the reason, and Escape Plan LIVE will not be able to issue a refund.
10. All games have been tested to ensure that for the majority of groups, completion will take the advertised duration. Escape Plan LIVE cannot however be responsible for groups who possess exceptional ability, may have played before, or were in some way privy to the workings of the games. Customers who finish their game early will not be entitled to a full or partial refund.
11. Tickets and vouchers are only valid at Escape Plan LIVE for the date and time specified and may not be offered in connection with any offer or exchanged for cash.
12. Customers must retain their confirmation email at all times whilst attending the Event.
The following items may not be brought into the Event. Escape Plan LIVE reserves the right to check the contents of Customers bags and pockets before the Event. Any person found to be in possession of any of the items listed below may find that those items are confiscated and not returned and/or that they are denied entry to the event:
(b) Illegal drugs.
(c) Weapons or potential weapons, including (but not limited to) guns (including air and pellet guns), knives (including craft knives, pen knives and scalpels), chisels, laser pens, saws, axes, hammers and other pointed metal implements and anything else which may in the opinion of Escape Plan LIVE, cause harm to others.
(d) Sprays or aerosols. Persons who are found to be in possession of illegal drugs, or instigating or participating in intimidation or violence will be reported to the Police.
13. Any person who in the opinion of the staff of the Event is felt to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other prohibited substance, or whose behaviour appears inappropriate in any way may be denied access to the event and no refund will be given.
14. Escape Plan LIVE reserves the right to remove from the Event and from the site any person who is violent, abusive, threatening or disruptive or whose behaviour is causing distress to other Customers or staff, and no refund will be given.
15. Customers are not permitted to bring torches, lasers, or any other light sources into the event.
16. Customers are not permitted to take photographs, video, or recordings of any sort on the premises, and mobile phones must be switched off during the Event. Please note your digital photo taken by Escape Plan LIVE staff is free for you to download. By accepting these terms and conditions you grant permission for this digital photo to be used for Escape Plan LIVE promotional purposes which may include on social media. If you do not wish us to use the photo or for it to be available via our social media platforms, you must make this clear to staff upon arriving at the venue.
17. Please see our website for parking details. It should be noted that visitors park at their own risk, and that they should allow time to find parking as it is often not possible to start games late, and no refund will be given.
18. Food and/or drink is not permitted inside Escape Plan LIVE, and any person found to be in possession of food or drink may find that those items are confiscated and not returned and/or that they are denied entry to the event.
19. Should the terms of this contract be only partially legally valid; this shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms of the contract.
20. For games held at the Fenn Bell Zoo, an Escape Plan LIVE ticket entitles the Customer and every person included in the Customer’s Escape Plan LIVE booking entry to The Fenn Bell Zoo, but only within its opening hours on the same day of the booking. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check The Fenn Bell Zoo website for opening times, and to book accordingly as The Fenn Bell Zoo may open/close before or after the Customers’ game. Escape Plan LIVE is run independently of The Fenn Bell Zoo, and neither is responsible for the planning and/or coordinating of Customer bookings.